Objective: Students will write a Greek chorus based on a current news story.
- 1. Get out chromebooks
- 2. Look at news websites such as cnn.com, nytimes.com, etc. and find interesting news stories to suggest to your group.
- Students broke into groups
- Students shared interesting news stories with each other.
- Students wrote a 15 line speech that was based on the chosen news story.
- Speeches must include: (Look in Google Classroom for more info)
- Unison Choral Speaking
- Vocal Variation/Emphasis
- General awesomeness!
Here's an example from last year written in regards to the plane crash in the French Alps:
150 Passengers thought it was a normal day, a little annoyed, having to leave 20 minutes late.
Lift off from Barcelona, but they didn’t head that way, for the French Alps held their fate.
A young Co-Pilot, Lubitz, seemingly normal but oh so unfit, asked the Captain if he wanted a break for a bit
150 lives soon he would take, saddened by his girlfriend leaving him in heartache.
He said to her, Someday soon they'll know my name.
Little did she know it would put him to shame.
The captain came back expecting to walk right in, only to find out that Lubitz had locked himself in.
He first knocked to see what was wrong, but he figured out Lubitz was not well and that didn’t take long.
He began pounding and pleading for him to open the door, but he was unheeded to say anymore
Lubitz had already made up his mind, and the captain sensed there wasn’t much time.
He realized there was nothing he could do and finally he began to panic too.
All of the passengers started screaming, inside the cockpit Lubitz was scheming.
Into the side of the mountain did the wing crash, soon enough it would all turn to ash
The passengers knew this was their end, as they began to rapidly descend
The mountain closed in to seal the deal, no more pain would they feel.
Finally all the sounds ceased, and all passengers on Flight 9525 were deceased.
- Look over text you created for performance tomorrow.