Objective: Students continued to write Greek chorus
Classwork: Students worked in groups to finish Greek Chorus (see day 17)
Objective: Students created modernized Greek chorus speeches
3. EMPHASIS (certain words should have importance over others. Must be loud)
4. MUSIC (SUNG/PlAYED/PERCUSSION/UNDERSCORE)
5. VOCAL VARIATION (SHOULDN'T BE MONOTONE)
6. UNISON SPEAKING
7. TELLS A STORY
9. LEVELS (Meaning upstage and downstage also high and low)
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN GROUPS:
1. Research a CURRENT news story to base your chorus on (Something within the last three months)
2. Present a news story to your group.
3. Your group should select one story to base your chorus on
4. One person in your group should create a document and share it with every person in the group
5. Share the document with me (email@example.com)
7. Write the chorus based on the above specifications
8. Decid who this chorus is (i.e. a group of bankers, passengers on a plane, animals in a forrest, etc.)
9. Write the chorus based on the above specifications
10. Design your mask
11. Start rehearsing your Greek chorus on your feet. (You should be moving a lot)
Objective: Students presented their knowledge of Greek gods
Classwork: Students presented their google slideshows on their Greek God of their choice.
Classwork: Students split into groups and selected a Greek god to present on
They researched the god/goddess
They created a google slide document that included:
Objective: Students will be able to identify acting areas, body positions, and complete basic blocking notation
Objective: Students will demonstrate knowledge of ancient Greek Theatre
Objective: Students performed open scenes to demonstrate mastery of beginning acting technique
Objective: Students will apply physical acting skills to open scenes.
Bell work: Students finished performing pantomimes
Classwork: Students were given Open Scene Handouts and paired up:
4th Block Partners:
Moises and Justice
Austin and Taylor T.
Andre and Summer
Gabriel and Baylee
Michael and Taylor L.
Noah and Christa
Dalton and Jade
Mackenzie and Rebecca
Kat and Karson
Ryan and Hallie
Kysia and Nick
Matilda and Devontay
Nicole and Hunter
Andrew and Summer
Students completed the handout and began rehearsing scenes
Homework: Work on lines
Day 1: Welcome to Theatre 1 with Ms. Cameron!
Welcome to Theatre 1 with Ms. Cameron! I'm really excited to go on this 9 week journey with you! We did a lot in class on our first day!
Bell work: Student info sheet
Classwork: We went through a class guidelines/procedures powerpoint (view below). We went through the syllabus We played three theatre games: West Wind Blows, Rhythm Name Game, and Bibbity BIbbity Bob!
HOMEWORK: Due 1/6: Signed syllabus form by YOU & your parent/guardian